Santiago is the biggest metropolitan area in Chile and where one third of all Chileans live. Santiago means city life with ample urban amenities to enjoy during your stay.
The Andes Hostel wants to make your stay as good as possible, being Latin America’s best-rated hostel on Hostelworld in 2011.
The central location of the Andes Hostel, only four blocks from Plaza des Armas, makes you immediately feel like part of Santiago’s big city life. Cerro Santa Lucía, the Bellas Artes Museum and the popular Lastarria district are just around the corner and many other sights are in walking distance. Visiting places further out is super easy; just take the metro from directly opposite of the hostel.
That said, you can easily spend the evening in the hostel’s bar, at the pool table, in the comfy lounge, in front of one of the flat-screen TVs or enjoying a weekly free special event like Pasta & Wine or Karaoke night with hot dogs. You can also just cook your own dinner in the modern and fully equipped kitchen and enjoy it with old and new friends in the dining room.
Santiago doesn’t only offer an urban center with nightlife, shopping and cultural activities but also quick access to ski resorts and the ocean. In fact, you can spend the morning skiing and the afternoon at the beach. The English-speaking Andes Hostel staff will gladly provide you with information on these and other activities and also book tours for you.
If you prefer a more private atmosphere than a hostel dorm, the friendly Andes Hostel team also offers apartments on the same block. That said, the hostel’s dorm rooms are spacious enough and there are big bathrooms on each floor. There is also a lot of space in the dining room, where the free and wholesome breakfast is served each morning. No better way to start your day.
As of February 2013, the rooftop bar with barbecue was closed. We hope it makes a comeback soon.
- Free breakfast (continental + cereals + scrambled eggs)
- Internet Computers
- Fully equipped, new kitchen
- Book exchange
- 24/7 Food and Drinks dispenser
- Cable TV
- Security Lockers
- 24 hour access
- Tours and Information
- Luggage Storage
- Weekly specials, e.g. free Pasta & Wine on Wednesdays
Address: Monjitas 506, Barrio Bellas Artes, Santiago, Chile
Directions: 4 blocks east from Plaza des Armas, directly in front of Metro Bellas Artes
Phone: 56 2 632 9990
- 6 Bed Mixed/Female Dorm – 17 US Dollar
- 4 Bed Mixed Dorm – 18 US Dollar
- Double/Twin Room with shared bathroom – 50 US Dollar
- Double/Twin Room with private bathroom – 65 US Dollar
- 4 people Room with private bathroom – 20 US Dollar per Person
- 1-3 people Standard Apartment – 75-85 US Dollar
- 2-4 people Superior Apartment – 95-135 US Dollar
- 2-4 people Loft 2 floor Apartment – 100-140 US Dollar